Is your Adelaide home hiding cockroaches and potentially making you sick?
Cockroaches may be everywhere, but they don’t have to be in your home. Pest control measures should be implemented immediately, at the first instance of sighting them. Cockroaches carry disease-causing organisms such as salmonella on their legs and bodies and deposit them on YOUR food, crockery, and utensils. They can harbor viruses such as polio and cause many other health problems for occupants, including gastroenteritis and asthma. Finding the right pest control company in Adelaide is crucial. At HomeMasters we believe that implementing an integrated pest management solution should be considered as part of the treatment process. Our highly trained pest control technicians will not only eliminate the infestation, but they will also arrange any follow-up site visits to ensure you stay pest-free! It doesn’t stop there though. We understand that for optimal and effective long term results, the occupant of the home needs to be part of the solution. Our knowledgeable technicians are more than happy to give you the benefit of their years of experience when it comes to pest management and control.
Why Dealing With Cockroach Infestation Is So Important
Most people don’t realize how difficult it can be for the average householder to deal with a cockroach infestation effectively. For everyone, you see there are dozens, if not hundreds that you don’t! Cockroaches are nocturnal, so if you see the odd one during the day it could be a sign that you have a severe infestation. Once the colony becomes overcrowded, they can become forced out, resulting in daylight excursions. Getting rid of them can present a number of challenges. In order to curtail the potential health hazard that may occur with the presence of cockroaches, call on Home Masters – the professionals in pest control around Adelaide.
- The existence of cockroaches in a home is not only unsightly but can pose serious health concerns.
- Cockroaches carry diseases and viruses that can contaminate food and surfaces.
- Their droppings, cast-off skins, and carcasses can aggravate allergies and trigger asthma in some people.
- Over the counter, insecticides are often-times ineffective, as their eggs are naturally protected from them.
- Cockroaches reproduce extremely quickly and can wreak havoc before you know it.
- Your home is the ideal environment and they can remain active year-round.
Top 10 ways can we avoid cockroaches?
There are many things we can do to avoid a cockroach infestation. They all revolve around keeping your home free from attractants and preventing entry where possible.
- Clean the kitchen immediately after use and wipe up any spills from countertops and floors.
- Remove any food sources, store food in containers, and regularly clean surfaces.
- Avoid leaving dirty dishes in the sink.
- Rinse food containers before disposal, to remove any food residue.
- Ensure bins are emptied in a timely fashion and lids are always closed.
- Clean behind items such as fridges and microwaves, like food, tend to gather there, and also warm areas such as the rear of a fridge.
- Sweep and vacuum floors on a regular basis.
- Leaky pipes can provide a water source so any leaks must be repaired immediately.
- Minimize other sources of water by drying off kitchen draining boards etc.
- Seal openings around windows and doors and fill cracks and/or crevices to assist in the prevention of a cockroach infestation.
Finding the best cockroach treatment in Adelaide
Finding the right pest control technician is vital when dealing with cockroaches. At HomeMasters, we realize the importance of understanding the species and the life cycle of the insect to effectively manage it. Generally, dealing with cockroaches cannot be done in one visit and may require the pest control specialist to attend the site on multiple occasions to achieve effective results. Choosing the right chemical and application methods also plays a large part in managing the creepy critters. Home Masters are licensed pest professionals and you can rely on their knowledge and experience to deal with your pest problem safely and effectively. We’re a family-owned and operated business and have been dealing with pest control problems all over Adelaide, from Morphett Vale to Elizabeth, Normanville to Gawler, Gumeracha to Victor Harbor, just to name a few. If you have a pest control problem, whether that be cockroaches, or something else, let us send them packing. Call HomeMasters now.