Invest with confidence with Adelaide’s most reviewed inspectors.
Pre-Purchase Building Inspections
Your home is often your largest asset, so it makes sense to get it checked over before committing to buying. There is nothing worse than that sinking feeling of regret when you’ve moved in only to find that you’re up for several thousand dollars to fix issues that you weren’t even aware existed. It may seem like a tedious aspect of buying a home but a building inspection will be worth it.
HomeMasters are family owned and operated business who have been inspecting homes throughout Adelaide for over 14 years and have helped thousands of people in making the correct choice when buying a home in Adelaide, we take pride in our inspections and our trusted reputation to ensure you receive a thorough inspection report that you consider exceptional. We will take the time to have a close up look at any defects with the home that may suggest there is an issue that will cost you money. To find out more about how much a building inspections costs, either fill out the contact form or see our Frequently asked questions for further help.
Integrity & Professionalism undertaking property inspection reports
Integrity and professionalism are the cornerstones of our business, so we set ourselves exacting quality standards and continually update our training to ensure we stay up to date with all of the latest building regulations.
We want you to love your new home so we’ll thoroughly inspect it like we were buying it for ourselves and that’s the HomeMasters difference.
Thorough & Comprehensive Building Inspections in Adelaide
Our building inspection is one of the most comprehensive in Adelaide and covers both inside & outside the house, structural and maintenance issues, as well as the roof, subfloors, and any retaining walls, so if there are problems that lay in wait, we will uncover them.
It is rare that householders know about problems and then deliberately cover them up, but we know all the subtle signs to look for, and if we see the slightest indication that there could be an issue, we’ll investigate further and notify you.
Get in contact with us
"Thank you so much again for the building inspection. Without you we would have bought a lemon. Moving forward, we would like to take your advice and get a termite treatment done on the property right away. Thanks!"
"A thank you to HomeMasters for your fast and informative building inspection; it was extremely helpful. You shed a lot of light on my purchase. I will definitely recommend you to any friends and family in the future"
"Hi Patrick, Len and the team. Thanks for completing our building & pest inspection. Thank you Len in particular. The one-to-one service and thorough walk through both the good and bad points of the property was invaluable"
Exceeding Industry Standards for building and property inspections in Adelaide
When you come to HomeMasters, you are dealing with Adelaide’s most trusted building inspectors offering exceptional customer service, experienced and skilled building inspectors and Adelaide’s most thorough building inspection. Available seven days a week we’ll take care of everything including
- Arranging access to the home with the vendor/agent.
- 24-hour turnaround – we’ll inspect your home within 24 hours and have your report issued the same day or early the next morning (for afternoon inspections), so you can make any decisions needed within the cooling off period.
- One on one service – join us on the inspection and we’ll talk you through and show you all the issues we find, or we’ll talk you through our easy to read report to ensure you’re fully informed and knowledgeable about the home you are buying.
- Comprehensive reporting that exceeds Australian Standards 4349.1 2007 – our exhaustive inspection checklist goes above and beyond the industry standards so you can buy with complete confidence.
- Easy to read reports – All our reports are packed full of relevant information, organised in easy to read sections and come complete with colour photographs highlighting any issue we find.
- First class service and advice that you can depend on.
What you can expect when booking with HomeMasters Building Inspections
- Personal 1 on 1 service with your building inspector (attend your inspection).
- Easy to read, detailed reports full of photos and information outlining major and minor defects.
On time every time.
- We will arrange the booking on your behalf.
Available after hours!
- Friendly staff who are willing to help.
Quick turn around on reports.
- We will get your building inspection done within the cooling-off period.
See a video of what actually happens at a pre-purchase building inspection
While conducting our building inspection we will inspect:
- Salt/Rising Damp
- Roof covering
- Roof Void
- Doors and frames
- Skylights, vents and flues
- Interior and exterior of the property
- Eaves and fascias
- Hand rails
- Plumbing – Hot water system, waterflow, taps
- Roof framing
- Pathways and concreting
- Downlight spacing
- Moisture in wet areas, cracked tiles, poor maintenance, shower alcove
- Retaining walls
- Garaging – Carports
- Pests/Termites – With a Pre-Purchase timber Pest Inspection – See more here